White House

In 1826, the Horseshoe Property passed into the Reynolds' Family, a local family who ran a pottery below Rock Springs. Then known as Horseshoe Farm, the property was conveyed by Samuel Reynolds to his son Ira. Much of the farm was still covered with a fine stand of timber. Ira Reynolds commenced his task by cutting cord wood and hauling it to the Reynolds' Pottery, the old Reynolds' homestead. When the ground was cleared, rye was the principle crop planted. Field irrigation was achieved by interrupting the flow of the river and diverting it through a trench that surrounded the athletic field. Ira continued clearing, meanwhile building a large double-deck barn, a wagon shed and a smoke house. Little by little the beautiful and fertile Horseshoe Farm took shape.

The old Reynolds' family farm house served as the Camp's first Headquarters and Hospital.  In 1929, Council decreed that the building be known as the White House

Photos
Photos

Memorabilia
Memorabilia

Videos
Videos

White House Jigsaw Puzzle
White House Jigsaw Puzzle

Our Mission Membership Info Register / Renew Preserve the Spirit of HSR HSR Benefactor Promote Brotherhood Octoraro Loop Members List HSRAA Board
Reunion Recaps Galleries
Native Plant Nursery Parade Field Gateways Galleries
Projects Reunions