Camp Horseshoe's pool was constructed in 1930. At the time, this 50 yard pool was the largest east of the Mississippi. In 1985 the pool was dedicated to the camp founder, Chief Charles M. Heistand.
The Saturday night campfire has long been a tradition at Camp Horseshoe. The campfire opens with the ceremonial Indian Pageant performed by Octoraro Lodge members and is followed by the presentation of awards recognizing the week's achievements of the Scouts.
Schlaanstine Memorial Chapel
The Horseshoe Chapel was constructed by the Order of the Arrow in the 1930. The location was chosen for its majestic view of camp. In 1960, the Chapel was expanded and dedicated to Sgt Frederick Schlaanstine.
The Goodman pavilion, named after longtime Scouting benefactors the Goodman family, is the site of many activities including merit badge classes, HSRAA reunions, OA weekend check-ins, training and more.