Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/hsraaorg/public_html/museum/_include/IncludeDatabase.php on line 10
HSRAA Museum - White House
Directory Reservation Facilities Horseshoe Buildings
White House

In 1826, the Horseshoe Property passed into the Reynolds' Family, a local family who ran a pottery below Rock Springs. Then known as Horseshoe Farm, the property was conveyed by Samuel Reynolds to his son Ira. Much of the farm was still covered with a fine stand of timber. Ira Reynolds commenced his task by cutting cord wood and hauling it to the Reynolds' Pottery, the old Reynolds' homestead. When the ground was cleared, rye was the principle crop planted. Field irrigation was achieved by interrupting the flow of the river and diverting it through a trench that surrounded the athletic field. Ira continued clearing, meanwhile building a large double-deck barn, a wagon shed and a smoke house. Little by little the beautiful and fertile Horseshoe Farm took shape.

The old Reynolds' family farm house served as the Camp's first Headquarters and Hospital.  In 1929, Council decreed that the building be known as the White House

Edited by David B. Woodward  [Contribute Info]

Exhibit Content

Top of Page

Photos

Back to Exhibit Content

Memorabilia

Back to Exhibit Content

Videos

Ordeal Candidates and OA members move mattresses out of the White House into a truck for their final destinations: the various campsites throughout Camp Horseshoe.
2017 - Contributed by Andrew Coe  [Contribute Info] 
Back to Exhibit Content